Sunday, August 19, 2018

Long May His Story Be Told

Our final days in Oz have been spent with our friends Blanca and Philip at their comfortable Rockdale home, not far from the airport where we will depart tomorrow morning. They have been so kind to us, and Blanca's cooking skills have been very much on display for the past two nights. Home made corn tortillas, chicken mole, and Philip's delicious breakfast biscuits have been our lot; the best you can imagine!

Today I went to the library of New South Wales to view some Australian published Wyatt Earp comic books from the 1950s. It was quite an experience, having my trail in pursuit of the Frontier Marshal take me all the way to the southern hemisphere, but it was worth it. The staff allowed me to photograph as many pages as I wanted, and they were efficient in retrieving the material once I got used to their system. I am most grateful to them, and to my own library, for this opportunity to do this research. Now back to the states to write it all up! Until we are back in Bozeman, this is goodbye.

No comments: