Monday, January 31, 2011

Exploration day

This morning I watched the sun come up over the Pacific again and drank my coffee. Feeling restless, I took the bus down to Manly and then the ferry into the city. I wandered around the Rocks area for a while and ended up drinking a few ice colds at the Fortune of War, advertised as the oldest pub in the city. It was awfully hot, so the beer was quite refreshing. Now, after posting this in an internet cafe, I am getting back on the bus to go home and read over my speech for tomorrow. I have to pay the piper for this trip!

The high point of my day, as always, was talking to Jayne on the telephone. I can't wait until she joins me next week.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Greetings and salutations from the northern hemisphere, complete with five inches of snow. Hope the speech went swimmingly!