Saturday, October 11, 2014

Encounter with Genius

Well, I have to admit it after seeing the museum: Salvador Dali was a genius. There are so many photographs of him posing and acting crazy, all of them seeming to say "I am so great." I have come to the realization that he was. A truly talented, funny guy, his art covered all media: painting, sculpture, literature, and photography. The museum was a bit crowded, but it was worth it trying to elbow in to see his work. Both Jayne and I have been plauged with some minor aches and pains today, so it was somewhat of an ordeal to walk to the place and back to the apartment again. Now we are simply watching a beautiful sunset out the window and enjoying the cool evening air. We had a simple dinner of bread, fruit and cheese purchased at the local stores. Tomorrow, Girona!

This internet connection, which I believe is provided by the city of Figureres, is pretty funky and is so slow that I cannot upload any pictures. In fact, I am lucky just to get this dispatch out!

No comments: