Monday, August 20, 2012

Too Much Fun

I think the last three weeks has finally caught up with me, and on this last day in Oz I have to work. I am currently at the Brisbane Convention Center, a cavernous building on the city's south side that is large enough to host several conventions at once. After coming down with a cold, and feeling really dragged out yesterday, I nevertheless set out from my hotel to see where the convention center was located and to have a last stroll around the city. By the time I got back to the hotel I was beat, and I spent the entire evening in my room watching television and feeling horrible. This morning I was somewhat better, but I knew I could not walk here so I took the train. So far the meeting has been pretty interesting, with over a thousand archivists in attendance from all over the world. My speech is scheduled for four o'clock this afternoon, and although I feel somewhat feverish I think I will be able to do it. It's just a matter of trying to take it easy and staying cool until the hour of trial since I cannot return to the hotel. I would suggest a meat pie for lunch, but somehow I think I have had all the Four 'N Twenties I can eat for one trip, and probably guzzled enough Coopers to last me for months. Today its just juice and something light, and hopefully I can give a good performance. Tomorrow I go to the airport with bags of swag from the convention, and the whole vacation, and I hope I can carry it all.

No comments: